The IMAN Dr. and Mrs. Amir-Hossein Naini Graduate School Scholarship Fund
IMAN is pleased to announce the creation of The Dr and Mrs. Amir-Hossein Naini Graduate School Scholarship Fund, a one-time graduate scholarship award of up to $5000 to a qualified student attending an accredited institution of higher learning in the United States. Only those who are a U.S.citizen, have permanent legal resident status in the United States or have a valid student visa to attend graduate school in the United States may apply. This Scholarship fund, like its namesakes, exists to assist those who are seeking a graduate degree in the United States and who have shown the potential for great vision, leadership and professionalism in serving Muslim and non-Muslim communities. If your ambition is to be a professional and personal source of inspiration to all, including the Muslim community, we invite you to apply.
The minimum submission requirements to be considered for this Scholarship award are the following:
- A completed application form: Completed application forms will be accepted beginning of September 1 of each calendar year and due by no later than February 1 of the following year;
- A sealed undergraduate (and graduate university, if you are in the midst of your graduate studies) transcript and, if available, an acceptance letter from an accredited graduate educational institution in the United States;
- Three sealed reference letters, one academic and two personal, attesting to your great promise as a leader and professional;
- A two page essay stating a) why you believe you have the potential for great leadership and professionalism in serving people of all faith, including those who are Muslim, and b) what your ambitions are for the future and how you believe this will positively impact the world in which we all live.
Please see the application form for other recommended supporting documents. Finalists will be selected no later than May 1 of each calendar year, with an interview to follow by the IMAN selection committee. At this time, each applicant will be required to provide a) proof of their legal status which allows them to attend graduate school in the United States and b) an acceptance letter from an accredited graduate educational institution in the United States that the applicant will attend. Award recipients will be notified no later than July 15th of the calendar year.
One Scholarship of up to $5000.00 will be awarded to one qualified applicant, such payment to be made directly to the graduate university of the winning applicant. In return, the winning applicant will agree to the following:
- notify the IMAN Award committee by email of the status of his/her studies on an annual basis every June 1 until graduation from graduate school,
- upon graduation from his/her studies, volunteer a minimum of 20 hours to mentor other individuals who may receive this award in future years or who are members of the IMAN community and may be interested in the career path that the award recipient is pursuing and
- allow IMAN to use his or her name in activities relating to this scholarship program.
For those wishing to donate funds to support this scholarship program and to help us increase the annual awards made, please send to IMAN (515 State Street, Kirkland, WA 98033) your tax-deductible check made out to IMAN and note on the check that the funds should be designated for the Dr. and Mrs. Amir-Hossein Naini Graduate Scholarship fund. For any other questions, please write to email@example.com